With snow and freezing temperatures in the forecast, there's important work to be done in the garden!
- Turn off the outside water, if you already haven't
- Drain all hoses of water
- Remove hoses from outside water faucets, and store for the winter
- Mulch around established plants to provide insulation
- Wrap tender plants with burlap or bubble wrap to help protect against the cold.
- Cover tender plants
- Prior to freezing temperatures, apply Bonide Wilt-Stop® to the foliage of plants to help prevent freeze damage
- Move containers closer to the house
- Remove saucers from under all containers to eliminate the collection of water
- And if you're really concerned, bring plants inside your garage or covered area
So while you're staying warm and cozy inside, you'll know your plants have all been taken care of outside.